Custom Search

Monday, April 6, 2009

So I decided to Quit!


I have been smoking for God knows how long. I remember a day when I was at a party and some people offered me smoke. In respond, I felt so strange even imagining myself smoking. A couple of months passed and I saw my aunt was lighting one. I rushed to her and asked her if I could light it for her. That was it. I became a smoker, and a heavy smoker right from the beginning. I didn't start because it looked cool or anything. I just simply enjoyed smoking. Never wanted to quit because I liked it. I wasted my health and my money on it for years until last week. There is a convenience store in my neighbourhood where I usually get my smoke from. I often pick up what I need during the week and pay them at the end of the week. Last week I went to pay for the money I owed. There was an 80 bucks outstanding balance. The sad part was that the whole $80 was spent on smoke. I suddenly felt a big OUCH! $80 only to burn and damage? There was no more thought or thinking after that. I decided to buy a pack and have it with me, so I would know that I have a cigarette if I feel like smoking. Yet, I decided to quit at spot. I know sudden and cold turkey quitting for those who have been smoking for years have even worst consequences, so I am doing it gradually. Each time I feel like smoking, I remember that 80 bucks and the money I have wasted on smoking all my life. I prepared a glass jar, and each time I want to buy a pack, I drop the money in the jar watching it grow. I used to think for me who have been smoking for long years, quitting would be hard because my body would sure crave for nicotine, but I was wrong. I don't even have the craving for the smoke.
I thought I better share this with you all. It is all in our head and our will. If you really and truly want to quit, you just need to make that clear for yourself and understand the reason why. When you accept the reason why from your heart, then you would have no problem quitting not only smoking, but also, any bad habit.

Hope this help you out if you are planing on quitting. Good Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Travel With Your eyes!

All credits belong to National Geographic. Copyrights holder of the images in this slideshow is National Geographic.
Make a Wish!!