Custom Search

Friday, April 10, 2009

Guilt Trip




I don't mean to take anybody on a guilt trip. This is just purely from my own heart. What I said in my previous post about my mom, made me thinking about it instead of anymore venting. You see! I have always kept this to myself and not even once told about it to anybody until I finally let that out of my chest the other day. That cleared my mind, and got me rid of confusing thoughts and feelings, which had piled up in me over the years.
I realized that no matter what my mom is saying or doing, she has never meant harm and it has always been because of her pure love. We all know how love makes people do things beyond ordinary. This is one of them. Knowing the fact that she lives overseas, makes it even harder.
So what if my mom makes mind blowing suggestions? I need to look a bit beyond the words coming out of her mouth and look for the reason why for her sayings or acts. In my case, and I am sure in majority cases, moms have proven to be dedicated and loving. That is all that matters. Nobody is perfect! In fact, I am wondering on what my own kids have to say about me behind my back. I am going to ask them to vent about me in here. That should be interesting.
My suggestion to all who read this, is to try to keep it calm for as long as you can. Even if you have had it enough and want to let it off your chest, never tear the respect veil between your parents and yourself. Remember the fact that they love you and it all comes from their pure loving heart. Then put yourself in their shoes and see how would it be if it was you and your children, instead. Think about the things your own children might have in their mind to vent about you.

Long story short, I picked up the phone and called her yesterday. I apologized her for being short tempered. I gave her a few compliments to make her feel good about herself again. I am in peace now, until God knows when my loving mother would say something to make me wanting to scream as loud as I can. I hope there won't be a next time and I hope that I would behave myself if there would be any next time.

Love and Peace to You All.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Travel With Your eyes!

All credits belong to National Geographic. Copyrights holder of the images in this slideshow is National Geographic.
Make a Wish!!